What's The Best Digital Marketing Team Structure?How to optimize your digital marketing agency team structure.
Making Your Digital Marketing Agency Team Leader Choice
Leaving out any key digital marketing components could lead to problems getting found online. For this reason small businesses should consider seeking out proven internet marketing team leadership that recognizes what needs done, knows who the best expert for the job needing done is, realizes what the most important priorities are at that stage, knows all the right project management steps to take, is capable of executing or managing all steps and strategies, and gets project tasks scheduled and completed on time. Understanding the different aptitudes and skills needed for effective digital marketing teams is integral.
➢ SEO Consultants are tasked with integrating interrelated marketing disciplines and should be considered for leading digital marketing teams.
What Are The Business Owners’ Available Options?
- A Full Service Digital Agency or Denver digital marketing agency is an option for small businesses for achieving their inbound marketing goals. Digital marketing agencies are effective at providing required talent, and sometimes use outside or temporary subcontractors themselves for specialized talent requirements, but, the down side of full service agencies more often related to higher cost markups for higher gross margins built into pricing models, not to mention requiring multiple-month signed contracts and generally larger overall commitments.
- Hiring and Training New In-house Employees is an option but is not usually practical when some marketing components can be executed less expensively and more effectively by using outside expertise or freelancers on a project-to-project basis or flat fee basis. In addition, considering today’s ridiculous challenges of government regulations and imposing oversight, most companies don’t want to take the risks associated with hiring full time equivalent (FTEs) employees on the payroll. Internal staff or employees can be excellently suited for writing content, reviewing and approving final editorial versions of content published to meet editorial calendar deadlines, or for making necessary webmaster-type changes and edits to the CMS. In-house employees are also useful for generating new content ideas based upon what questions customers are asking about.
- SEO Consultation with an Outsourced Expert provides the business owner with multiple advantages: more flexibility to hire and fire individual experts such as community managers, proven experience in coordinating various marketing disciplines while operating in a team environment, greater project accountability, no contracts necessary, a nimble organizational structure, and faster response time for bringing in broad-based inbound marketing knowledge! For specialized project tasks like infographics creation or video production, outside freelancers with special skills are best.
Digital Agency Team Structure
Advanced SEO Consultants, or organic SEO Specialists as key agency employees can serve as effective digital marketing team leads and are worth exploring as the best overall possible choice for team leadership driving internet marketing projects. This skill set is accustomed to working in a high-performance team environment that includes a graphic designer, social media writer, internal marketing strategist, business owner, content writer, webmaster, and web developer. Organic SEO Specialists thrive on maximizing visibility and lead generation capability of all web assets. Unfortunately, some businesses are still uninformed about what’s required to succeed online and therefore delay taking steps to identify the right skilled expert. Advanced SEOs are used to being accountable for overall web site success and performance! It takes a lot of interrelated parts and incremental process improvement steps to get digital marketing right.
Search engine optimization expertise has evolved into a systems integration approach evidenced by recent popular occupation naming conventions used such Inbound Marketing Consultants, Content Marketing Experts, or Digital Marketing Consultant. To get a competitive edge online, consider working with an independent or freelance SEO consultant to direct key aspects of your online marketing project instead of signing a large ongoing monthly contract commitment with a higher-cost full service digital marketing agency. Some SEO Specialists have thousands of hours of digital marketing experience in diverse marketing disciplines that’s invaluable for earning organic traffic.
Finding Ways To Enlist Current Staff or Employees
To hold costs down, get creative in using existing company employees. For example, publishing of fresh, quality, targeted content will always be needed. The consultant can train, coach, or educate employees on writing content that serves multiple purposes, versus management having to pay more for an expensive or unproven outside copy writer. SEO specialists can actually layout a well-researched keyword outline in advance for a proposed page needed to fill a content gap, identify keywords phrases, write the title tags and headings, and then present the package to the employee to fill in the blanks writing paragraphs of quality targeted content. This hybrid content development approach is super effective and efficient!
Key Digital Marketing Team Components For Success
- Eliminate Website Shortcomings such as Thin Content and Bad Content Organization
- Publish Valuable Meaningful Content Answering Your Customer’s Questions and inquiries.
- Fix Technical SEO problems such broken links or Canonicalization Indexing Issues and errors.
- Build Incoming Links Increasing Website Visibility
- Avoid Poor Website Design that’s Unimpressive and can lead to high bounce rates statistics.
- Have a Set SEO Strategy or SEO Plan To Execute
- Understand Effective Local Content Marketing Strategies
- Work With a Professional Website Design & Web Development Expert
- Hire A Good Webmaster and Reliable Web Hosting Company
- Embrace New Content Development Ideas From Web Content Copy Writers
- Don’t Ignore Link Building Services that Gain Website Visibilty
- Research Mobile Website Marketing for some local businesses
- Publish Quality Landing Pages, Offer Pages, or Squeeze Pages
- Start Social Media Marketing Campaigns
- Take Advantage of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools Reporting Capabilities
- Make Sure You Have Prominent Call-To-Action Features
- Fast websites or fast website load time is an important search engine ranking factor
- Collect and Track Measurable Statistical Analytics to measure incremental progress
Secondary Marketing Strategy Components to Maximize Web Visibility
- Email Marketing
- Video Marketing – Video Production such as Youtube, Vimeo
- Pay Per Click – Paid Search Advertising
- Affiliate Marketing
- Infographics Design and Development for Photos, Images & Pictures
- Conversion Optimization and Website Usability Consulting
- Work with a Digital Content Marketing Agency in your City
- Brand Development & Brand Awareness Campaigns
- Business Blogging – Business Blog Integration
- Google Image Search Production Ranking Photos & Images
- Website Design Upgrades – Web Development such as WordPress
- Utilizing Content Curation as a Marketing Method
- E-Commerce Website Development – Online Shopping Carts
- Ongoing monthly SEO adjustments and tweeks
- Public Relations and Online Press Releases to Gain Publicity
- Finding a Competent Webmaster
Creating the Digital Marketing Plan
Outside independent consultants work on a project basis starting with creating a digital marketing plan or SEO Strategy.
An independent consultant can produce a customized digital marketing plan that allows the business to “pay-as-you go” as the budget allows, from month to month, while selling you only the products and services that YOU want, for added client friendliness and just plain being easy to do business with. A paced approach often makes for a less stressful project.
On average, or as a general rule-of-thumb it’s going to take 25+ hours of focused SEO marketing labor effort to start getting organic search engine traffic for mildly competitive businesses when starting from scratch.
Keep It Simple- No Contracts – Use A Step-by-Step Process
Separate the project into different steps, stages, or phases based upon priorities simplifying the process from the beginning. For example, work in six to eight hour time blocks of labor.
Small businesses can remain nimble and stay more in control by working on a project basis, hourly basis, or flat fee basis using outside consultants instead of contracting for large dollar amounts with full service digital agencies.
The important part is identifying somebody with high-level skills that an be trusted to direct the various components of digital marketing for your most important digital assets.
Business Leads Originate From Multiple Marketing Channels
You have the right digital marketing team structure in place when consistently earning daily qualified business leads coming in from multiple marketing channels (eg. mobile, web, social, referrals, direct traffic, blog, video, images, email, reviews, organic search etc.).
Bringing in highly experienced consultation for SEO requirements helps businesses get on track to achieve online marketing goals such as of making money, earning a profit, or growing a business online while expending minimal resources.
Need A Digital Marketing Project Manager?
For companies looking to dominate their business niches, it’s up to you to ask the right quations and get the right answers. Owners of top ranking websites in your industry have figured out how to assemble a high-performance work team that gets the important things accomplished for showcasing digital assets.
For most small businesses a combination of using internal and external talent works well with the right team leadership in place to drive the project. You need a plan, strategy, and execution!