Building Niche Competitive Advantages OnlineExample of Competitive Advantages - Sustainable Competitive Edge Examples
Niche Competitive Advantage Strategies That Work
Sustainable Competitive Edge Examples
Online marketers must work to develop online competitive advantage strategies in order to surpass online competitors in a highly competitive environment.
The good news is that small businesses have numerous ways to develop niche competitive advantages, stand out from the crowd, differentiate their businesses, and prevail in organic search engine results by realizing the importance of niche marketing tactics, utilizing market intelligence data, and through creating informative content that customers search for.
➢ In the real world, competition is fierce in all marketing verticals, and especially in competitive business niches where there is money to be made by gaining a competitive advantage in a niche market or local area.
Getting valuable qualified traffic to your website from Google search results pages depends on winning the battle for increased business visibility in all marketing channels where, authoritative, unique content is published. Analyzing competitors’ strengths and weaknesses to identify low-hanging-fruit and actionable opportunities where content gaps need filled is an important component in the SEO specialist job description.
Competitive advantage examples and productive SEO strategies for winning the Google Search battle are listed below. There are many different types of niche competitive advantage strategies and the list below is far from exhaustive, as there are many productive visibility-enhancing methods to build competitive advantages that enable company owners to overtake competitors one keyword phrase, keyword topic, keyword group, or web page at a time.
10 Niche Competitive Advantage Examples: Building A Competitive Advantage
- Incoming Links Profile – Off-page SEO Competitive Advantage: A better incoming link profile linking into your main site, and deep-linking into internal pages, coming from a diversified group of reputable domains is one very important competitive advantage example. Incoming links are one example of building competitive advantages that deliver lasting value. Links leading into your social media accounts also add value. Naturally earned editorial links given freely by webmasters appreciating your content is uniquely powerful, natural, and preferred. Many content marketing advantages are realized once you start earning natural links.
- Social Shares in Social Media – Having a social media sharing community of people that follow and share your branded content is a legitimate online competitive advantage. We recommend adding social media sharing widget icons installed on your website and blog, also known as a social share bar or social media button. Also, learn how to use hashtags on social media sharing sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. Next time your publish a Cornerstone Content worthy blog post, post to your social following in social networks. Make it easy for others to share content, and then re-purpose content multiple times.
- Only post relevant high-quality content. Publish content with a purpose that can build your brand and contribute to your company reputation and brand. It’s better to improve existing content compared to posting content just for the sake of it! Good branded content takes time and considerable thought in order to contribute added-value to the topic. If you get enough followers that trust you as the ‘go-to expert’ it’s unbelievably easy to generate new customers and increase sales incrementally.
- Integration of Micro data Schema.org Markup: Microdata or Schema markup HTML code is a sophisticated productive technique that enables your website to better communicate different types of content and data more clearly to Google and all search engines. Schema markup and structured data markup deliver a competitive advantage by enabling Google to evaluate and interpret site content unambiguously. Google authorship markup is no longer useful, however, other types of semantic markup include: Local business schema, video schema markup, customer reviews and testimonials schema markup, and event postings schema makes a positive difference helping your content stand out.
- Good Website Design Principles – Good website design is mandatory if you expect to earn top Google rankings, social media shares, and get people to dwell on your website longer. Business owners need to take the time necessary to write unique website content that adds value to the conversation. Pay special attention to user experience best practices. Design-in navigability so visitors can easily access desired content. Consider using website breadcrumbs so users can stay oriented. In order to stand out from the crowd and earn incoming links your site needs to add unique value and have an impressive presentation which is why we use professional WordPress web design templates for our website designing services. Pay special attention to homepage design. Position primary content above the fold. Use social proof.
Think content relevancy! Make sure your web page content supports or proves the point listed in your website title tags. In like manner, organize your website content similar to an outline or hierarchy. Stylize your content with attractive font, use underlines and bold text. Other examples of niche marketing sustainable competitive edge building includes displaying exceptional content via bullet points such as Top 20 Lists, or beautiful images, or add authorship citations, original research, or infographics to your website.
- Provide Better Customer Service – Treating potential customers and existing clients with respect, fairness, dignity, and genuine attention to serving their needs striving to be the very best in the business gives you a sustainable competitive advantage for building your brand online. Whether it’s in retail or services industries, paying attention to details such as responding quickly to online form inquiries and actually answering the telephone during business hours distinguishes companies from the competition. Excellent products and services gets you 5-star reviews and excellent customer testimonials which are priceless in any competitive niche! Great customer service also establishes brand loyalty. Lastly, don’t try to be everything to everybody – be the best in the marketplace in a specific business niche which will mean less competition.
Focus in one primary area and do it best. Becoming the expert in your specific business niche or area of expertise makes life easier for your customers and for yourself when you can provide all the answers with efficiency and effectiveness.
Think Word of Mouth Advertising! One of the best sustainable competitive advantage examples is in going all out for your clients, getting to know them as a person, and doing extra work for them which often leads to ‘word of mouth advertising’ which is the most powerful kind because it pre-qualifies your prospects – all you have to do is close the deal.
- Local Online Reviews Boost Local Marketing Results – Authentic positive online reviews in sufficient volume written by real clients that recommend doing business with you or share their positive experiences with your business or employees is a legitimate form of competitive advantage that differentiates your company versus businesses that either have no online reviews, phony online reviews, or negative online reviews. To be successful in the Local SEO results listings, local online reviews are crucial for positive reputation management.
- Improve Website Usability – Design a website with logical site menu navigation and with good information architecture leading to well-organized web content organized in hierarchical fashion, enabling site visitors to quickly find exactly the information that solves their search query to improve website user experience.
Write about topics in-depth with lengthy multi-faceted content that includes paragraph sub-headings making web pages easily scannable. Fix broken links. Break up textual content with visual content such as images, photos, videos, and infographics. Make sure website load speed time is 2 seconds or under. Add image alt-tag descriptions. Have a professional looking website design. Prominently display contact information. Don’t overdo internal linking. Link out to resources citing the original source. Include clear call-to-actions. Use an easily readable text font. Allow sufficient white space. Keep paragraphs short and concise (not like here). Continually improve conversion rate optimization. Publish evergreen content. The best user experience websites have responsive website design.
- Use Responsive Website Designs and https:// Secure Socket Layer services whenever Upgrading Your Website – An outdated website look and feel is a recipe for failure. Work with a website design agency that knows how to build a responsive website. If you’re upgrading your website design be sure to use SSL, secure socket layer certificate, or an https:// format for a clear online competitive advantage over non secure online competitors. WordPress responsive website design templates are great for marketing, and include online visibility features such as RSS feeds and software plugins. A responsive design website combined with SSL ensures your content is user-friendly across multiple computer hardware platforms including desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. Having a mobile-friendly website conveys clear ranking signals to Google that you’re serious! Combined with organized website content, effective content management systems, and exacting deployment of long-tailed keywords strategy you’ve got a nearly unbeatable combination of factors in your favor!
- Video Marketing – Visual Content – Cornerstone Content – In web design layouts, break up paragraph text to give your reader‘s eyes a rest and create a better user experience.
If you’re online competitors are not using mobile friendly websites that load within 3 seconds and use secure socket layer (SSL) there’s your first opening salvo and low-hanging fruit.
➢ Visual content includes published images, photographs, pictures, infographics, graphs, colorful charts for statistics and research, presentations such as Powerpoint documents, tutorials, and webinars.
There are tons of statistics supporting the benefits of video marketing as a powerful competitive weapon. It’s easier for people to watch a video than read text. Video makes a powerful impact! In fact, video marketing can help in lowering customer bounce rate considerably, keeping humans on your site longer, which is recognized by Google as a higher-quality website overall. Lower bounce rates are leading indicators of higher search engine rankings.
Use Long Tailed Keywords and Cornerstone Content
Learn how to research and integrate Cornerstone Content pages where you really spend alot of time creating, refining, and publishing long-form content with over 1,000 words per page, excellent ideas, tips, and useful information to readers. Excellent cornerstone content web pages can easily generate more traffic than your home page and when you integrate multiple long-tailed keywords into your content it can outrank competitors’ content.
Another excellent tip is to learn how to use long tailed keywords effectively on your website to deliver numerous examples of competitive advantages versus your competition due to less competition targeting specific keyword phrases, because long-tailed keywords are less competitive but more qualified and easier to rank for. Adding a business blog to your website also creates an excellent setting for integrating long-tailed keyword integrated blog posts. Long tailed keywords. Business owners may want to contact an SEO Consultant Specialist to do the keyword analysis and research to identify keyword themes or keyword groups that are realistic and commercially profitable to target that online competition may be overlooking or unaware of.
More Opportunities for Niche Competitive Advantages in Marketing
Proven internet marketing techniques like stating a compelling call-to-action leading to a focused landing page, integrating a business blog, ensuring a clear product differentiation strategy, or identifying a unique selling proposition all help build credibility and authority online for your business niche, which helps build customer trust and helps you gain a Google competitive advantage.
Your marketing team should be skilled at recommending tactics for content marketing, business niche competitive factors, social media, incoming link building opportunities, and certainly for creating a search engine friendly website. It could take several months of tenacious effort and content development to land in the top 5 Google search results positions. Be patient and persistent and continually improve and upgrade content. Realize that your online competition has invested at least 25+ hours optimizing their online presence, and you need to do the same.
Fresh content publishing and upgrading or updating helps you outshine the competition. Also, completely remove stale or outdated content that can cause a drag on overall domain rankings. Diagnose and fix 404 error codes. Remove duplicate content to strengthen pages. As you can see the list goes on and on.
Learn how to find an SEO expert that never runs out of cost-effective ways to promote your content and brand and company. You’ll know it when you’ve found the right expert. Life gets easier when you’re seeing results from efforts and investments.
What’s The Meaning of Competitive Advantage?
A competitive advantage is established whenever a business consistently makes a noticeable positive impression connecting with consumers, influencing people with valuable insights, providing added value in services, and maybe even impacting somebody into becoming motivated enough to write positive online reviews about their experience, or offer word of mouth recommendations.
You don’t have to be the best in all cases, but you need to excel in at least one competitive strategy, technique, element, component, or factor to build a sustainable competitive advantage. Google algorithms favor outstanding content that results in positive user experiences. It’s worth it to spend time creating authoritative content which will lead to higher natural search engine visibility.