The SEO Process & SEO Process Steps
Search Engine Optimization Steps
Steps in the Search Engine Optimization Process
Phase I SEO Summary ~ Initial SEO Package phase identifies company goals and their target market, client project kickoff interview, takes care of account set up and administrative elements, bills client and goes through a client discovery process.
One of the phase one On-Site SEO Process outcomes, is that the SEO becomes an expert on your web site. The best strategy, plan, and priorities determined and the primary focus moves towards creating a search engine friendly website for starters. One of the best ways to learn SEO step by step is to work with the best expert and tools available. We recommend starting with the WordPress content management system as your marketing platform. Different websites may need attention to specific areas which is one of the SEO responsibilities covered by our services.
Phase I – Step by Step SEO Process Will Include Strategies and Tactics
- Analyze > Strategize > Execute > Adjust
- Identifies Target Goals and Target Market Desired
- Go through an SEO Questionnaire Process
- Keyword Research and Analysis is completed in this first phase
- Online Competitive Analysis for Marketing Intelligence
- Key Team Members (ie. people) are Agreed Upon for Project
- Some marketing team members may need SEO training or coaching
- Discover Exactly Whom is Going to do the Content Writing or Copy Writing- and is Training Needed?
- Document Existing URLs and Navigation – New URLs will be Recommended in Most Cases
- Communication on SEO Strategy and Search Engine Friendly Web Site
- Sets Realistic Client Expectations and Approximate Budget
- Collects Key Metrics and Account Analytics for Baselines in the SEO Website Audit
- Begins Educating Client on Combining a Search Engine Friendly Web Site with Real Proven Marketing Techniques
- Documentation of strengths, weaknesses, and priorities; plus separates work into Technical, Content, and Visibility (ie. Inbound Linking)
- At a minimum, fully optimize the Home Page for All SEO Elements Visible and in the HTML Coding – including Internal Linking
- Analyze whether existing site should be improved upon, or whether it makes sense to start with a new web site design for all the potential benefits a new website marketing platform can deliver, such as lowering future development and marketing costs.
- Creates an Initial Search Engine Rankings Report for the Google search engine
- Web site modifications and improvements to maximize search engine friendliness of web site
Phase II SEO Summary ~ Follow up SEO Consultation work will continue to optimize more individual pages content, add more title tags and description metatags to the remaining key pages, add more relevant pages to strengthen content hubs and topical coverage, complete the internal linking process, spend more time in Google Analytics and Webmaster tools, and will get more into social media and off-site SEO strategy.
Whatever tasks can’t be accomplished in the first 6 hour SEO consultation will be completed in later phases depending upon how voluminous your web site is, how ‘messed’ up your site is, budget considerations, time constraints and schedules, and what’s the main priorities needing attending to at the moment. It’s always a bit of a back and forth communication process between the SEO professional – Business Owner – and Webmaster or Web Development personnel.
As an independent search engine optimization company, we offer on-site training and coaching for business owners marketing in the area around Denver, Colorado, plus in some cases will travel to other Colorado business locations.
Phase II Step by Step SEO Process Actionable Items
- All Google Accounts Will be Fully Developed – Google Webmaster Tools – Google Analytics- Google + Local – Google+ Company Business Page Verification – Google XML sitemap submission – Documentation of Incoming Links Reported in Google Webmaster Tools
- We offer a service to set up your Google accounts for business which is important for maximizing web visibility
- Complete the Optimization of the Title Tags, Description metatags, H1 and H2 Tags minimum
- Optimize the Footer and Sidebar Sections
- Add content based upon Google Ranking Momentum and Content Deficiencies Identified
- Begin some Strategic Link Building Activities for Inbound Links – for Local or National SEO
- Business competing for Local SEO clients will have alot of new options for improvement with our SEO Expert Recommendations
Phase III SEO Summary ~ When your site is being discovered and found naturally by site visitors, the next step is more marketing and promotion via content expansion both onsite and offsite such as with Social Media and Link Building. It’s critical to continue to be involved in web content creation to keep up with smart online competition. Many different options for increasing web site visibility will be discussed in order to earn valuable links pointing towards your key web site landing pages.
Phase III is An Ongoing Search Engine Optimization Program
- Phase III Will Always Include Expanding Incoming Links to Meet the Competitive Challenge
- We offer many different Effective Link Building Strategies for Successfully Competing Online
- Kevin Yeaman has authored plenty of Link Building Articles, although some were written Pre-Panda and Pre-Penguin Updates
- Further optimization and coversion analysis to optimize click-throughs to key landing pages
- Hint: Search Google for “kevin yeaman articles” to see some of content on the topic of linking
- Social Media Optimization will definitely become a key eloement of our web site visibility strategy.
In all phases of the step by SEO process, close attention is paid to ‘how Google likes or interprets your site’. Studying Google statistics and metrics enables us to take advantage of current momentum.
Starting in April 2012 it became very evident through Google’s Panda and Penguin algorithm updates (eg. more than 500 individual algorithm updates and tweeks in 2012 alone) that the old methods of SEO are nearly obsolete and can indeed get company sites penalized, demoted, or in extreme cases outright de-indexed for spam behavior both on and off-site that’s contrary to Google Webmaster Guidelines), and publishing sub-par content is a recipe for less organic traffic.