Building A Niche Competitive Advantage OnlineExample of Competitive Advantages - SEO is Inconvenient - SEO is Hard Work!
Competitive Advantage Strategies That Work – Competitive Edge Examples
Online marketers must continually work to develop an online competitive advantage strategies to surpass online competitors. Small businesses have numerous realistic ways to develop niche competitive advantages, stand out from the crowd, differentiate their businesses on the web, and eventually prevail in search engine results by taking the right strategic moves, implemeting time-tested tactics, gathering market intelligence, and using SEO specialist guidance.
In the real world, competition is fierce in all marketing verticals and competitive niches where there’s significant money to be made beating competitors. Getting the most valuable traffic online depends upon winning the battle for increased business visibility! Analyzing competitors’ strengths and weaknesses to identify low-hanging-fruit and actionable opportunities is part of the SEO job.
A few niche competitive advantage examples for productive SEO strategy ideas for winning in Google search are listed below. The list is far from exhaustive, as there are numerous great visibility-enhancing ways to build competitive advantages that empower company owners to overtake competitors one keyword phrase, keyword theme, or web page at a time. In some cases, performing a detailed competitive analysis provides answers.
10 Niche Competitive Advantage Examples: Building A Competitive Advantage
- Incoming Links Profile – Off-page SEO Competitive Advantage: A better incoming link profile linking into your main site, and deep-linking into internal pages, from a diversified group of reputable domains presents a good competitive advantage example. Incoming links are one example of building competitive advantages for lasting value for off-page SEO. Links leading into your social media accounts also count. Naturally acquired editorial links given freely by people appreciating your content is uniquely powerful, natural, authentic, and preferable. Many content marketing advantages are realized once you start earning natural links.
- Social Shares in Social Media – Having a social media sharing community of people that follow and share your branded content is a powerful online competitive advantage. We recommend getting social media sharing widget icons installed on your website and blog, also known as a social share bar or social media button. Next time your publish a worthy blog post, post to your social following in social networks. Make it easy for others to share content, and then re-purpose content multiple times.
Only post relevant high-quality content with a purpose that can build your brand and contribute to your personal reputation. Good content takes time and alot of thought in order to contribute added-value. If you get enough followers that trust you as the ‘go-to expert’ it’s unbelievably easy to generate sales.
- Integration of Micro data Schema.org Markup: Microdata or Schema markup is a productive technique for allowing your website to communicate types of content and data more clearly to Google. Schema markup and structured data markup deliver a competitive advantage by enabling Google to evaluate and interpret site content unambiguously. Google authorship markup is no longer that useful, however, other types of semantic markup include: Local business schema, videos, customer testimonials and reviews, and event postings schema makes a positive difference.
- Good Website Design Principles – Good website design is mandatory if you expect to get top Google rankings and social media shares, and get website users to stay on your website longer. Business owners need to write unique website content, that adds value to the conversation. Design in navigability so visitors can easily find content they’re looking for (eg. website breadcrumbs). Folks, Google has seen everything, in order for your website content to stand out and earn incoming links it needs to add unique value.
Think content relevancy! eg. make sure your web pages prove the point listed in your website title tags. Other examples of competitive advantage building include adding exceptional content through adding or creating bullet points such as Top 20 Lists, or beautiful images or infographics to your website.
- Provide Better Customer Service – Treating potential customers and existing clients with respect, dignity, and genuine attention to serving their needs striving to be the very best in the business gives you a sustainable competitive advantage for building your brand online. Whether it’s in retail or services industries, paying attention to details such as responding quickly to online form inquiries distinguishes companies from the competition. Treat people fairly, respectfully, and respond promptly. Two additional benefits are realized: establishing brand loyalty, and the possibility of gaining valuable positive online reviews benefiting local search marketing visibility. Lastly, don’t try to be everything to everybody – be the best in the marketplace in a specific business niche which will mean less competition.
Focus on one thing and do it best. Becoming the expert in your specific business niche area of business makes life easier for your customers and for yourself when you can provide all the answers with efficiency and effectiveness.
Think Word of Mouth Advertising! One of the best sustainable competitive advantage examples is in going all out for your clients, getting to know them as a person, and doing extra work for them which often leads to ‘word of mouth advertising’ which is the most powerful kind because it pre-qualifies your prospects – all you have to do is close the deal.
- Local Online Reviews – Authentic positive online reviews in sufficient volume posted from real clients that recommend doing business with you is a legitimate form of competitive advantage that differentiates your company in Google, versus businesses that either have no online reviews, phony online reviews, or negative online reviews. To be successful in the Local SEO results listings, local online reviews are crucial, as is paying attention to reputation management. Google+ reviews are great along with other top Local SEO review sites such as Yelp.com and Merchantcircle.com.
- Improve Website Usability – Design a website with logical site menu navigation and with good information architecture leading to well-organized web content organized in hierarchical fashion, enabling site visitors to quickly find exactly the information that solves their search query to improve website user experience.
Write about topics in-depth with lengthy multi-faceted content that includes paragraph sub-headings making web pages easily scannable. Fix broken links. Break up textual content with visual content such as images, photos, videos, and infographics. Make sure website load speed time is 4 seconds or under. Add image alt-tag descriptions. Have a professional looking website design. Prominently display contact information. Don’t overdo internal linking. Link out to resources citing the original source. Include clear call-to-actions. Use an easily readable text font. Allow sufficient white space. Keep paragraphs short and concise (not like here). Continually improve conversion rate optimization. Publish evergreen content. The best user experience websites have responsive website design.
- Use Responsive Website Designs and https:// Secure Socket Layer services whenever Upgrading Your Website – An outdated website look and feel is a recipe for failure. Work with a website design agency that knows how to build a responsive website. If you’re upgrading your website design be sure to use SSL, secure socket layer certificate, or an https:// format for a clear online competitive advantage over online competitors. WordPress responsive website design templates are great for marketing, and include online visibility features such as RSS feeds and software plugins. A responsive design website combined with SSL ensures your content is user-friendly across multiple computer hardware platforms including desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. Having a mobile-friendly website conveys clear ranking signals to Google that you’re serious! Combined with organized website content, effective content management systems, and exacting deployment of long-tailed keywords strategy, you’ve got a nearly unbeatable combination of factors in your favor!
If you’re online competitors are not using mobile friendly websites that load within 3 seconds and use secure socket layer (SSL) there’s your first opening salvo and low-hanging fruit.
- Video Marketing – Visual Content – Cornerstone Content – In web design layouts, break up paragraph text to give your reader‘s eyes a rest and create a better user experience.
Visual content includes published images, photographs, pictures, infographics, graphs, colorful charts for statistics and research, presentations such as Powerpoint documents, tutorials, and webinars.
There are tons of statistics supporting the benefits of video marketing as a powerful competitive weapon. It’s easier for people to watch a video than read text. Video makes a powerful impact! In fact, video marketing can help in lowering customer bounce rate considerably, keeping humans on your site longer, which is recognized by Google as a higher-quality website overall. Lower bounce rates are leading indicators of higher search engine rankings.
Also learn about creating one or more Cornerstone Content pages where you really spend alot of time over the months publishing excellent ideas, tips, and useful information to readers. Excellent cornerstone content web pages can easily generate more traffic than your home page.
- Learn how to use long tailed keywords on your website. Adding a business blog to your website creates the perfect setting for writing long-tailed keyword integrated blog posts. Long tailed keywords are easier to rank for and attract highly-targeted business leads. Business owners may want to contact an SEO Consultant Specialist to do the keyword analysis and research to identify keyword themes that are realistic and commercially profitable to target that online competition may be ignoring. #10 is my favorite!
Niche Competitive Advantage
Proven internet marketing techniques like having a professional website design, stating a compelling call-to-action leading to a focused landing page, ensuring a product differentiation strategy, or identifying a unique selling proposition all help build credibility and authority online in your business niche – which helps boost customer trust and Google visibility. Small business owners should learn about the benefits and multiple tactics of content marketing to get more search engine traffic.
An SEO consultant should be skilled at recommending tactics for content marketing, business niche competitive factors, social media, incoming link building opportunities, Google + strategies, and certainly for creating a search engine friendly website. It could take several months of tenacious effort and additional content development to land in the top 5 Google search results rankings. Be patient and persistent. Realize that your online competition has invested at least 25+ hours in optimizing their online presence, and you need to do the same.
Integrating a business blog onto your website is an idea to consider for publishing branded content. The benefits of blogging are unique, powerful, and certainly cost effective. Make sure every blog post counts. There are dos and dont’s.
Fresh content publishing upgrading your website content regularly produces better rankings and visibility results, especially when also sharing blog posts on social media platforms. Remember to remove stale content that can cause a drag on overall domain rankings. Diagnose and fix 404 error codes. Remove duplicate content to strengthen pages.
Learn how to find an SEO expert that never runs out of cost-effective ways to promote your content and brand and company. You’ll know it when you’ve found the right expert. Life gets easier when you’re seeing results from efforts and investments.
Create Exceptional Visual Content – Video & Written Content
Every topic, theme, subject, issue and niche has been covered, published, stated and written in hundreds of ways online ahead of you.
To beat the online competition it requires creating exceptional written or audiovisual content, meaning that people are enriched, and then you must promote or share that content until it begins gaining momentum.
Google algorithms favor outstanding content that results in positive user experiences; versus prior algorithms that were more link-based in assessing which content document is more authoritative and deserving of attaining higher natural search engine visibility.
Once Google is kind enough to ‘give’ you some organic search engine traffic, you’d better take care of that site visitor and treat them right, or else they’ll bounce off the page.
Whether visitors stay or bounce off your site – Google is constantly measuring and collecting web page metrics keeping score!
What’s The Meaning of Competitive Advantage?
A competitive advantage is established whenever a business makes a noticeable positive impression connecting with consumers, influencing people with valuable insights, providing added value in services, and maybe even impacting somebody into becoming motivated enough to write positive online reviews about their experience, or offer word of mouth recommendations.
Certainly, your online marketing activities can get you a competitive advantage, and that’s where Organic SEO Specialists come into the picture. You’ll know it when a competitive advantage is secured because people will remember your brand and return to it!
You don’t have to be the best in all cases, but you need to excel in at least one competitive strategy, technique, element, component, or factor to build a sustainable competitive advantage.