For optimizing web pages, listed below are On Page SEO best practices that can be used to improve SEO ranking for multiple keywords on the same web page, which increases your probability at ranking high competition head keywords. Increased organic traffic benefits are gained from optimizing web pages hierarchically into keyword groups, topical hubs, or categories in outline manner. Ranking head keywords requires advanced SEO strategies.
To maximize organic search engine traffic cover topics - instead of focusing on individual keyword rankings!
Pick a head keyword or two with higher monthly search volume for your title tag. Add multiple lower monthly search volume secondary keywords into supporting paragraph sub-titles, keyword phrases, long-tailed keyword phrases, and semantic content, using different variations of keyword order.
The On Page SEO Optimization Process begins after the initial page content is drafted!
On Page SEO Best Practices and Tips – 20 Step How To Guide
- Keyword research and analysis – Launch keyword research software tool. Generate keywords, sort, and analyze keywords. Search for 10+ phrases that have good monthly USA search volume with lower competition, that include variations of keyword order arrangement, versus depending upon outdated on page SEO tactics such as keyword repetition. Keyword research that returns valued long-tailed keywords is the market intelligence that yields a niche competitive advantage.
- Download Keywords with High Commerciality. Download master keyword list from software tool and add them to the project folder for the current on page SEO process session, and for subsequent optimization campaigns. The ultimate keyword possess high monthly USA search volume, low competition, and high cost per click dollar or pay-per-click dollar amounts. Focus on ranking high commercial intent keywords using publicly available historical data from others’ paid search campaigns.
- Create Main Spreadsheet Document URL Map – In a spreadsheet collect the urls of the pages to be optimized which establishes the URL Map. At a minumum the URL Map includes the home page, main services hub page, and the supporting services sub-pages to be optimized. The idea is to map keywords (keyword mapping) to specific pages to keep things straight, in addition to documenting On Page SEO changes. On new web pages, have your keyword in linkable static URL permalink structure.
- Record Current Major On-page SEO Indicators – Document current title tag, description metatag, H1 tag, paragraph subheadings or H2 and H3 tags, and parse page content into distinct sections.
- Read the web page body copy thoroughly to become familar with the content, but to also look for possibilities to organize the content better and group content into related sections with themed paragraphs.
- Create improved Title Tag and description metatag page elements, and decide upon an H1 tag for emphasis. A great Title Tag or page title absolutely increases SERP click-through rates delivering more traffic if the page delivers genuine value resulting in a lower bounce rate. Write unique title tags to prevent duplicate content.
- Write Improved Headlines, Sub-titles, Sub-headings, Headings Tags: Improve H2, H3, H4 tags heading tags above paragraphs that include different variations of the head keyword (ie. title tag keywords). Decide exactly how many H-tags or paragraph sections of content are to be used on the page. In addition, for images on the page use descriptive alt image tags accurately describing visual content.
- Final Keyword Choice List – Select individual keyword phrases or supporting semantic keywords, and long tailed keyword phrases, and LSI keywords that will provide more depth towards the overall page topic or paragraph sub-topic.
- Judiciously integrate Keywords and Raise Reading Level of content advancing the subject. Mention head keywords early in the body copy. For on page SEO basics, usually ten to fifteen keyword phrases supportive of the topic can be added into pages with word count of 500+ words. Strive to make content more interesting by publishing more sophisticated vocabulary, increase complex words usage and reading level, add opinions, and develop new concepts not based on keyword search terms, versus merely cranking out generic thin content with over usage of simplistic stop words such as “you”. The idea is to communicate an enhanced never-before-seen message, integrate helpful keywords. For added benefits, organize messages into content silos for the best website structure and information architecture (eg. content buckets), including in menu navigation.
- Additional Copy Writing and More Content could be necessary in order to increase the content topical coverage of the page, or to support the integration of 10+ keyword additions. Longer content with more words per page, say 500+ to 1500+ words, develops the topic more completely and improves the probability of ranking on multiple keywords for well-written pages.
- Cover Bases for Both Organic SEO and Local SEO topics by working in new content ideas that were missed in the initial body of page copy writing. Fill content gaps brought to light through keyword research. Add your local search marketing content. Include local business schema markup. Express NAP consistently. Organic SEO and Local SEO feed off each other and must be synchronous.
- Stylize The Content making it easier on the eye making content scannable and readable by bolding text or emphasis, adding italics, or adding different colored text and relevant links to make the page more interesting looking aesthetically.
- Install Outbound Contextual Links in the body of content, linking out to outside citation sources, independent research, citing references to improve user experience, add authenticity to the page, and be a participating member of the web community.
- Add Visual Content or Videos to improve user experience. Add photos with captions, infographics, embed Youtube videos, or transcripts of customer testimonials.
- Quality Control or Proofread the page to make sure the content reads naturally. Make sure page load speed is under 4 seconds.
- Submit the Revised XML Site Map identifying recently edited pages to Google Webmaster Tools. Create a strong site map that referes to linkable urls. Use absolute urls versus relative urls. Use breadcrumb navigation and a useful HTML site map.
- Make Further Adjustments, Refinements and Tweaks on crawled pages in a week or two, after Google has finally crawled or spidered the page, cached the page, and actually added the new page content into their index. Start reviewing your Google Analytics to see if you’re getting more page impressions from edits and modificaitons made. Watch for new Google keyword ranking momentum. The indexing and ranking process could take 2-4 weeks depending upon visibility and incoming links.
- Integrate internal linking into body of content to drive internal links to the most important pages. In some cases it makes better sense to come back to internal linking in a later on page optimization pass. Link both internally and externally to enhance user experience. Add deep linking or deep links between blog posts and pages. Carefully link out to target pages with natural sounding anchor text, avoiding link anchor text over optimization.
- Conduct Some Outreach, Promotion, Marketing or Link Building to promote the finished product. Use social media sharing, Google+ sharing, or distribute the content to your email subscription list. If your site has good web visibility and your site has enough domain authority, the page can immediately begin attaining rankings from search queries. If user experience is high, and page bounce rates are low for organic SEO traffic, Google will deliver even more future natural search engine traffic to the page.
- Ongoing SEO. Reviewing Google Analytics data in future weeks provides new keyword ideas from SEO Queries data to create new content further drilling down to the granular content level. Keep making the page better – measure and refine. More effort proofreading and expanding on the theme can increase conversions.
How To Improve Search Engine Ranking
The Keyword Grouping and Organizing Process ensures improved organization of content in a hierarchical layout, making it easier to improve search engine rankings for difficult head keywords in Google rankings through superior on page SEO factors.
On page and offpage SEO is basically a series of incremental content improvement steps, that include testing, experimentation, hard work, continued learning, and real-world field practice.
The On Page SEO process by SEO Specialist Experts, along with documenting the process of search engine optimization best practices, provide you with real-world data on how to optimize your website in ways that make noticeable positive marketing differences.
Improving Search Engine Optimization On Page Guarantee
The only guaranteed SEO results promised by improving search engine optimization on page should be in the form of guaranteeing a search engine friendly website, which is the foundation of all future rankings, versus promising #1 Google rankings that are clearly out of your control.
Learn SEO best practices for improving search engine optimization on site and learn the basics of search engine optimization process steps.
How To Do SEO Marketing: Words of Wisdom
Business owners wanting to know how to do SEO marketing to optimize a website, whether it’s DIY SEO, or if they’re planning to buy SEO marketing from an ourside source, need to dive into the process head on and share responsibility for success.
Develop a team atmosphere where team members are accountable. Make sure the copywriter, webmaster, SEO Specialist, business owner, and web developer perform their roles.
Quality content and the SEO process take substantial effort – paying off at the end of the day!
Realize that even the best SEO tools and SEO page analysis software CAN NOT outdo the results that human beings can achieve through taking the time to craft enjoyable, insightful, informative purposeful content resolving SEO queries.